Bachelor of Computer Applications is
a 3 years under-graduate degree course in the field of Computer
Applications. Some students use online or distance education programs to
earn this degree. BCA
distance education the course
has marvelous career option for the students after it is completed.
The course aims at realizing the following student objectives:
- To demonstrate a sound knowledge
in key areas of computer
science or industrial
- To demonstrate a substantial
understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science.
- To carry out the required analysis
and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and
- To demonstrate professional
competence in developing software and in its design and
- To develop sound practical skills
to enable them to addressing problems which arise from computer
systems and applications.
After completion of this course, students may move on to higher studies,
earning degrees such as:
- Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Science in Computer
Science (MSc. CS)
- Master of Science in Information
Technology (MSc. IT)
Other students move directly to industry, working as programmers,
networking professionals, graphics designers, and related positions.